McHenry County comes alive during the holiday season!
Experience the best of it on our Merry McHenry County Holiday Getaway.
We've done all the planning, all you have to do is book your magical holiday getaway to McHenry County, IL.
- Arrive and check-in at the Holiday Inn Crystal Lake
- Visit Downtown Crystal Lake's Santa House to get your wish list taken care of with the big man!
- Head to Duke's Alehouse & Kitchen for a unique, locally sourced meal and drinks.
- Don't forget to stop for dessert at Julie Ann's Frozen Custard before heading on to your next adventure.
- Our hit itinerary and holiday lights contest from 2020 is back! Use our Light Up McHenry County itinerary to explore the best of holiday lights. (The 2021 map will be available on December 1st.
- Saturdays are for sleeping in. After a night of exploring McHenry County, take advantage of the comfort of the newly renovated Holiday Inn Crystal Lake. Maybe take a dip in the pool, or just kick back relax.
- When you're ready to head out, we suggest visiting the Historic Woodstock Square. This gem is filled with unique locally owned stores perfect for holiday shopping for all ages. Here are a few suggestions:
- Everyone will be happy with a book from Ready Between the Lynes. They are also home to a Mini Marvins. This corner of the store is filled with fantastic toys for the littles from Marvin's Toy Store.
- Grab some hand made loose leaf tea from Casting Whimsy that will warm up anyone on a cold winter morning
- Silver Prairie Natural Soap Company creates luxxurious bath and body products made from goats milk from their very own herd
- By now, everyone is hungry. That means it's time for dinner. DC Cobbs of Woodstock is the perfect location right on the square for a family meal. Adults can take on one of their epic burgers, and the kiddos can indulge in the kids menu.
- A quick stroll across the Woodstock Square and you will be at the Woodstock Opera House just in time for a holiday show.
- After packing up everyone will be hungry for breakfast. Windhill Pancake Parlor in McHenry deck's their halls every holiday season. We suggest making a reservation to ensure a seat at this holiday wonderland. Kids will love the train counter where your breakfast is served by a model train.
- Now that everyone is full it's time to pick out the perfect tree to bring home and decorate. We all know Richardson Adventure Farm for the World's Largest Corn Maze, but they are also home to a Christmas Tree Farm. With over 50,000 trees throughout 75 acres, you're sure to find the perfect tree to act as the centerpiece to your holiday decorations.
- Before heading home visit to the charming downtown of Richmond, Illinois. Grab a bite to eat at Richmond BratHaus or a sweet treat from Anderson's Candy Shop.
Use #VisitMcHenryCounty and #MerryMcHenryCounty when you visit to be featured on our social channels and website!