Make a Home in
We can't help it if you fall in love with McHenry County - we're just so ruggedly attractive. If you've fallen for our charm and want to make this your home, the experts from the Heartland REALTOR® Organization are here with some expert tips on moving to McHenry County.
What are the top 5 reasons to move to McHenry County?
- OUTSTANDING SCHOOLS - McHenry County is home to a wide variety of educational opportunities.
- CULTURE - There are festivals and outdoor events throughout the year in many towns, a very active art and theatre scene throughout the county, and historical homes and buildings.
- BIG CITY AMENITIES WITH SMALL TOWN CHARM - McHenry County has a small-town lifestyle with access to Chicago via public transportation as well as easy access to Lake Geneva, WI.
- RECREATION AND CONSERVATION - McHenry County is home to many parks, Conservation District sites, bike paths, and river and lake access.
- VARIOUS HOUSING OPTIONS - Including more home and land for your dollar than you could purchase in a big city.
When looking for a home in McHenry County, what relocation resources are available?
There are many REALTORS® in the area who are happy to assist with all aspects of your relocation! There are also many local moving and storage companies available to assist with the transition. Heartland REALTOR® Organization has a membership of affiliates from home inspectors and contractors to financial lenders and title companies. The McHenry County Housing Authority (MCHA) provides rental assistance, public housing, senior housing, energy assistance, weatherization, home rehab, homeless prevention, dental vouchers, past-due rent assistance, and first-month rent and security deposit assistance.
How do the school systems rank in McHenry County?
Many people move to McHenry County just for the school districts! The services the districts offer and attention to students is phenomenal. McHenry County College serves many county residents, offering affordable undergraduate education as well as non-credit courses for residents.
I love the accessibility of living in a big city, but i'm looking for more space for my family. What makes McHenry County a good choice for me?
In McHenry County, you have access to all the amenities you would have in the big city; however, you can have a bigger lot and more house for your dollar here. While McHenry County offers families room to spread out, it's not completely disconnected from the city with Metra providing ready access to Chicago and the suburbs.
For more information contact Heartland REALTOR® Organization:
The Heartland REALTOR® Organization, headquartered in Crystal Lake, is a not-for-profit trade organization representing over 1,200 real estate professionals throughout Northern Illinois and Southern Wisconsin. REALTOR® is a registered collective membership mark which may be used only by real estate professionals who are members of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® and subscribe to its strict Code of Ethics. Not all real estate agents are REALTORS®. All REALTORS® are members of NAR.